Going Yard Baseball Academy 2022/2023
This program is aimed at players who have been scouted as high-performance athletes. Aimed to attract players who achieve to play baseball at a high level, and are committed to working year-round on their skills. The program is designed to focus on the athlete's talents as individual players to provide opportunities for them to excel in the game and attract post-secondary baseball opportunities.
Respect, Responsibility, and Commitment is the main philosophy while helping our players to improve teamwork and social skills.
Players are provided comprehensive range of motion assessment from out partner ZONE Physiotherapy. We use this assessment to determine athlete deficienies and provide individualized mobility and stretches. The weightlifitng program is then designed to help athletes with these deficiencies to maximize development each off-season. When we can understand the biomechanical makeup of the athletes, we can provide a physical fitness program in coordination with Ignite Athletics and Zone Physiotherapy to maximize our knowledge of players' individual training needs.
We prepare our players for elite baseball and teach players the dedication and determination it takes to excel in this sport. Goal setting and engagement from our players are paramount. We aim to enable them with the knowledge to take control of their development. Practicing at an elite level means consistent repetition, skills-specific instruction, advanced game tactics, and understanding, along with being challenged and pushed to the next level by practicing alongside elite players.
Coaches are invested in each player, and work hard with them to develop goals to be seen and scouted for their post-secondary goals
In 2021, GY's Goats' first year of business 11 out of 11 graduating athletes with post-secondary placement throughout North America.
This program features:
- Indoor Baseball Specific Training at Gordie Howe Sports Complex
- Discipline-specific coaching
- Hit Trax simulation
- Rapsodo Pitch Tracker
- Axe Bat weighted bat program
- Driveline TRAQ data tracking system.
- Ignite the Weightlifting program
- Zone Physiotherapy assessments
- Athletic Mental Performance Training
- Marucci Clothing Package
- 7 Week Game schedule in September & October (28 Game Schedule)
- Fall & Spring trips to gain Junior College and collegiate exposure
- Professional and collegiate players training nearby for support.
Daily Training - Monday to Friday 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM or 6:30 PM & additional weightlifting sessions.
Semester 1 – September to January
Semester 2 – January to May
During the season there will be presentations provided by the different levels of the coaching staff. These are held at the training facility. During this time, the student-athletes will be educated in Nutrition, Hydration, Sleep, and high-performance training. They will also be assisted with post-secondary education.
Please reach out if you have interest in the program, or if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is expected that the student-athlete maintains a positive relationship with their academic institutions. If the player is expelled or suspended from school on any given day, the player will not be eligible to train or attend team events that day and throughout the duration of the suspension. Students are expected to maintain academic integrity and show leadership qualities in their classrooms.
Game Schedule: (Subject to Change)
- September 2nd & 3rd – Saskatoon Tournament
- September 9th & 10th – Winnipeg, MB
- September 15th to 18th – Kamloops, BC - Best of the West
- September 23rd & 24th – Regina, SK
- September 29th to Oct 1st - Regina, SK
- October 6th - Williston Community College
- October 7th - Dawson Community College
- October 9th - Miles City Community College
- October 10th - Bismark Community College
- October 15th & 16th – Showcase / Tournament - Saskatoon, SK
Jordan Draeger - Catching & Hitting
Matthew Kosteniuk - Hitting & Outfield
Marshall Dean - Pitch design & Mound Presence
Andrew Albers - Pitching
Brody Boyenko - Throwing & Biomechanics
Greg Brons - Infield & Hitting
Mitch Dahl - Physiotherapist
Donavan Dale - Strength & Conditioning
Stacey Alexandre - Mental Coach
Graham Black - Sprinting /Agility